I’m not going to bore you with a whole bunch of stats on how much water we use, waste or have on the planet- your smart enough to know what we have is not bottomless but its there—– at least for the time being. But can it last?
So Will it be this?
Water conservation is not a difficult thing to do. It just takes a bit of practice and a few tricks plus the DESIRE to do what is right.
Like it or not, water is a scarce commodity everywhere, not just in the desert Southwest. So this post is for everyone to take heed.
It has been written that one day people will fight over water unless we do something now to save this precious resource
So do your part. And to help, here are a few suggestions to get you started.
- Number one and my pet peeve is this: Adjust your sprinkler times according to your season (and needs of the plants) and the rainfall patterns. This one tip alone can save more water than any other tip hands down. Many new controllers have settings for a ‘seasonal adjust” or even a sensor that detects it is raining and will adjust watering patters accordingly. More info can be found HERE.
- Get rid of as much grass as is possible and plant xyriscape or a desert-scape. Then use drip irrigation on every plant possible. This is another HUGE tip for saving water. Overhead and broadcast watering is the biggest waste of irrigation going…..Lawns must become a thing of the past at some point.
- Still want that lawn? The artificial turf out there now for residential use is extremely lifelike and is even good for use by Fido.
- And of course there are the usual reminders…….
- don’t run water needlessly; run it less; run it slower, etc
- use flow restrictors wherever possible around your home
- flush less and only when necessary (no explanations necessary here)
- run only full loads in your washer and dishwasher
So that’s enough for now and that should be enough to get you thinking. The noce part about some of these tips is that your water and sewer bill will be smaller and will save you money
Or Without Conservation This?
The choices are clear and the task is easily accomplished….. think about it.
Want more information about the Desert Cities ?
Buying or Selling Palm Springs Real Estate?
Buying or Selling in today’s real estate market is a challenge and a process that is easily accomplished with the help of a Palm Springs real estate agent focusing on the neighboring desert cities. You will need an expert who has lived in the area, knows the lifestyle and the unique housing market.
The market for real estate in the desert is alive and the values are exceptional especially for those who are looking for an ideal investment or a vacation/retirement property. We have many Palm Springs real estate properties available for every need, budget and amenity list.
Buyers: Are you searching for your primary residence? We have a variety of Palm Springs homes for sale and have what it takes to get you settled in the neighborhood of your choice.
Selling your home? Your home selling experience will be one that is easy, friendly and professional. Our mission is to offer outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and Internet technology available. We are totally connected to the Internet and will market your home on every venue available! Results is what you expect and results is what you will get.
If you are planning to buy Palm Springs investment property, or property in the surrounding area, we have the staff partners who will help with any project or property management tasks while you are away. We have helped with the small properties all the way up to the multi-million dollar projects.
The Associates motto: We’re not here just to sell you a home. We’re here to help you find the dream home you’ll love then make it yours!
Following links are to Area City Bio’s and Property Searches:
- Learn About Palm Springs Real Estate
- Learn About Cathedral City Real Estate
- Learn About Desert Hot Springs Real Estate
- Learn About Indian Wells Real Estate
- Learn About Indio Real Estate
- Learn About La Quinta Real Estate
- Learn About Palm Desert Real Estate
- Learn About Rancho Mirage Real Estate
For more information on how we can best serve your Palm Springs Real Estate and surrounding area needs, please fill out the online contact form or give us a call at 760-322-7822.
Map of Palm Springs, CA
Use the search map below to browse all Palm Springs Area Homes For Sale
550 S Oleander Rd Palm Springs, CA, 92264 USA
firstname.lastname@example.org • 760-413-2871