Palm Springs Summer 2012 News – Read Our State Of The Desert Report
Ladies and Gentlemen, regarding Palm Springs Summer 2012 News , we are pleased to report the State Of The Desert 2012 as being in excellent condition, thriving and so much alive!
I thought I’d take a moment to give you a report on what’s been going on around town this summer.
- The biggest hit this year is Forever Marilyn – the iconic 27 foot statue that sits in the newly created yet temporary park at Tahquitz and Palm Canyon. She brings many tourists every day and has been the focus of movies in the park she starred in. Tomorrow, August 5th, we will remember the 50th anniversary of her death with a concert called Candle In The Wind. Its free and open to all.
- This brings up the status of the former mall called Desert Fashion Plaza. That project is proceeding at a good pace. Bonds were sold by the city to purchase the parking garage and other land, architectural plans in the works for submission to the city in November, and timetables are in place to demolish the remainder of the mall by June of next year. Expect to see a completed project sometime in 2015
- The Belardo Road extension project and bridge is nearly complete and will open sometime in August. Look for a dedication ceremony sometime soon after.
- Major paving projects are underway with large sections of Indian Canyon, Ramon, Farrell, and South Palm Canyon being repaved. The city expects to have all roads resurfaced within the next 8 years.
- It’s been busy with tourists again this summer as Palm Springs continues to prove its a year round community that hold interest for travelers in the summer months.
- Temps have been moderate so far this year with little in the way of high teens temps and the mornings are tempered as well. I’ve been bike riding lots of mornings this season. Hikers have been out on early morning hikes too! (Caution: be SURE to take water along and tell someone where you are going and what time you’re expected back)
- We have a new burger restaurant in Smoke Tree called appropriately enough Smokin’ Burgers. The food is very good and its a friendly place. The former Red Tomato now called Twin Palms will reopen soon under a new name and management. Then there is The Atomic Dog @ 116 La Plaza as the hip place to grab a top notch hot dog; And Rock Garden will reopen again end of August.
- We have a new custom jeweler called Black Pearl Gallery in Maui coming to La Plaza with their new business model (and it’s our client’s new store), the Olive A Sudden store on Tahquitz near Palm Canyon. Which also brings up the fact of that little segment of Tahquitz is a cool shopping area. Enda King, Desert Soles, The Wright Image gallery, Olive A Sudden, Cafe Jasmin, Pinocchio, Yogurt On Tap, Coffee Bean, to name a few, all doing well.
- And last but not least, Mood Wine has come to Palm Springs. Its a wine club that offers exceptionally priced wines that are both sophisticated and affordable. This club is similar to those found outside wine producing areas. It meets every quarter when you are presented with 3 very nice wines to taste along with foods especially paired with the wine selections.
So my friends, The State Of The Desert 2012 I’m happy to report is alive! It is vibrant! And its growing! This is a great time to live here, to invest here and be a part of the promise that the city of Palm Springs holds for everyone.
For more information: Check out the OFFICIAL VISITORS WEBSITE
550 S Oleander Rd Palm Springs, CA, 92264 USA
firstname.lastname@example.org • 760-413-2871